Individuals wishing to acquire restricted firearms such as the .45 calibre single action revolvers used in mounted shooting must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the written and practical (non-shooting) tests.
Topics covered in the two courses include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- basic firearms safety practices;
- operating handgun actions;
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
- care of non-restricted and restricted firearms;
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.
Here is the homework link for MMSA members. Download and read the two PDF handbooks. Watch the videos. Be prepared before coming to the courses.
If you are an MMSA member, please see our Events list for the next scheduled classes.